Love yourself in this very moment to know that you deserve to look and feel your absolute best.
Tuesday, March 21, 2017
Why It's Important To Burn The Sweats And Buy Real Pants
Burn them! For the love of all that is dear and holy, burn the dang sweat pants. I don't care if you have to shred or rip them as long as they disappear from the face of this planet.
"Why should I get rid of my yoga pants? They're comfortable, and I don't care what you think. You can get over it."
Well you have a point. They are comfortable, and I can get over it, but will you get over it when people don't give you the respect you deserve or you get rejected for that promotion because your employers saw you out in nude sweat pants.
It's not right, but it's how the world works. If you want that dream job, promotion, or prestige you're going to have to look the part. Dress up and put on a pair of real slacks.
Everyday.
Yeah, I mean everyday, and I even mean to Walmart. Look, I get it. Sweats are wonderful! I love wearing them. It's like wearing a cloud of fluff on your legs, but it's not so fluff and cuddles when my colleagues or potential bosses see me pumping gas wearing oversize stained sweats.
Want to know another little secret? I actually feel amazing when I dress up. I can't tell you how many people I see frowning when they wear sweats (yeah I watch people. I'm weird). Their faces scream "I give up on life!" Now when I see people dressed up, like real slacks, they are smiling. They appear confident and ready to take on the world. Now it's not to say that that's how they actually feel, but I can't help but wonder if the way they're dressed has something to do with it.
What I am trying to say is just dress up and wear slacks. Try even for a week straight. No sweats period except for around your home. See how you feel, how your employers treat you. Have pride in yourself to know that you're more worthy than just a pair of stained up, oversize sweats. Have pride in how you look, stand up tall and proud. You are worth it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment